BLESSED 2009!
Oh. My. Goodness. I can't believe 2008 is over. Its over in a flash, literally! Don't you think its weird? It seems that each year passes quicker than the previous. I think its so weird. Hmm maybe the Earth is spinning faster due to some gravitational force exerted by a blackhole!! Hey, its not nonsense! I know the nearest black hole is a million light years away from us, but that doesn't strike out that possibility. Anyway, I'm not going to spend time writing about black hole theories on my first post of the year 2009. I am actually quite prepared for what this new year is bringing. I like new years, I don't have any grudge against a new number at the count of time. It brings about changes and life and a new beginning, which can be a good thing depending on how you judge things. Just that I have to get used to writing 09 instead of 08 on my homework, and it can get frustrating cos I have a tendency to tear and crumple the entire piece of fulscap paper when I write the date wrongly. But I've become more environmentally friendly by giving those 99.99999% unused papers to my sitting partners for them to use up the 99.99999% of space.
But I don't like new years too, especially this one, because
1. I have to move on in life. That means starting all over again, making new friends, creating new impressions. BACK TO SQUARE ONE. Okay I know I made this sound a lil depressing and negative which is probably not a very good way to start the year, but it doesn't mean I'm not going to try! I will make an effort even though it really makes me absolutely sian diao.
2. I have to leave my old friends!!!!! This really sucks! I know, I know, we don't really leave each other, we'll have the memories and friendships, but we will still leave each other physically! And perhaps even mentally.. Sigh oh sigh. And I really believe, well personally, that the strongest friendships are made in Secondary School! Because when we go on in life, our colleagues won't really be our friends, because of competition which brings pressure from the society..and yes that's my point. And I'm really uncertain about myself, I'm afraid I won't make a conscious effort to maintain the friendships that I've built! I think I'm quite an unpredictable person sometimes.
3. I CANNOT ESCAPE THE FACT THAT THE RELEASE OF O LEVEL RESULTS IS APPROACHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY SPOILING MY MOOD TO WELCOME THE NEW YEAR!! I DON'T EVEN WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT, BUT I HAVE TO! BECAUSE I HAVE TO PLAN FOR MY FUTURE, BECAUSE ACCORDING TO THE LA BOCCA DELLA VERITA, AKA (I THINK) MOUTH OF TRUTH IN THOMSON PLAZA PREDICTED THAT "UNLESS YOU BEGIN PLANNING YOUR LIFE, YOU RISK PASSING YOUR OLD AGE IN POVERTY" YES! IN POVERTY, MOI! AND EVEN THOUGH I SUDDENLY HAD THIS CRAZY IDEA, AND FED A DOLLAR TO THE MACHINE, AKA MOUTH OF TRUTH, TO DO THIS CHEAP PIECE OF FORETELL, WHICH PROBABLY GIVES 50% OF ITS VICTIMS THE SAME PREDICTION, IT IS STILL TRUE TO SOME EXTENT. BUT I MUST SAY I CANNOT JUDGE THE ABILITIES OF THE MOUTH OF TRUTH, EVEN THOUGH IT HAS A LAME NAME AND IT IS COMPLETELY REPULSIVE TO STICK MY PALM INTO THE DARK AND APPARENTLY DAMP SLOT. IT HAS 10% OF TRUTH IT PROMISED ME, WITH " YOU OFTEN PREFER QUANTITY TO QUALITY WHERE FOOD IS CONCERNED." YES THIS IS FREAKINGLY TRUE. SO MY POINT IS, I'M SCARED ABOUT MY RESULTS): I'VE OFTEN IMAGINED MYSELF GETTING A TWENTY POINT AGGREGATE SCORE, BUT BEFORE I CAN PANIC AND START HYPERVENTILATING, I FORCE MYSELF TO CHANGE THAT THOUGHT TO A HAPPY ONE. SO UNTIL NOW I DON'T REALLY KNOW NOR AM I PREPARED HOW I WOULD REACT TO THIS NIGHTMARE COME TRUE. WHICH IS DANGEROUS, BECAUSE AT A CERTAIN POINT, WHEN THE SHOCK IS TOO MUCH TO TAKE, PEOPLE DO UNEXPECTED SCARY STUPID THINGS. SO I'M PRAYING UP I DON'T AND I THINK ITS TIME FOR SOME POSITIVITY.
Let's think about the good things a new year could bring(: Perfect scores! Success in Romance!(Which is highly debatable! Hahaha) Respectable CCA Leadership Positions! A closer walk with God! And the list goes on.. SEE! I can be positive if I want to! And I'm not just saying all these for fun, I'm actually going to challenge myself to achieve them, of course except for the romance part hahahaha! Yes I am! I just watched Yes Man btw! Which is why I thought I should learn a thing or two from Jim Carrey who acted as Carl and embrace possibilities by accepting things! YES I am ready to embark on the year 2009!(:
Reminiscing 2008
I would say that the year 2008 AC,
-is a year of hurting my friends' and family's feelings, and also my own.
-is a year of healing the hurt I've caused.
-is a year of loving the people around me even when they would not reciprocate.
-is a year of stressing for the big hurdles O levels created.
-is a year of knowing myself, maturing into the person I want to be.
-is a year of more delicious food consumed.
And finally, I would really say that 2008 is a year of reconciliation.